Friday 26 February 2010

Damp, wet and dreich


At least the snow has gone but it has been replaced by drizzly rain, the kind that really soaks right through to the skin. Just glad we don't stay up or around Perth and Aberdeen. Thoughts of being stranded terrify me but hopefully it won't happen.


Mind you I was trapped in a lift on the 18th floor when I was 4 months pregnant. Now that was scarey and being claustraphobic didn't help. Was visiting an aunt in Sighthill and didn't fancy walking up the stairs so forced myself to get into the lift with the thought that it wouldn't be too bad. How wrong was I?? Was there on my own for 25 minutes, boy was I a wreck when the emergency services let me out.


Took me years to get back into a lift even with family. The biggest achievement was when I made it to the top of the Empire State Building in New York with my favourite uncle who is sadly no longer with us. His hand was bruised cos I held onto is so hard but it was worth it for the views. Still prefer stairs although would have been there forever climbing.


Roll on the weekend, daughter is getting out tomorrow so if she feels up to it we will go shopping before I take her home. She hasn't had any type of surgery so should be okay.


Hope you like the pictures, yes they are random but nice all the same. This one was taken when I was on holiday with my sister in Turkey. We were on a day trip round 5 bays. When I viewed this on my camera my beloved dad's face could be seen so clearly but when viewed normally he's not there. He was with us all the time we were away, as a fly on the plane, a spider in the room, a lizard on the wall, fish in the water and a fly on the plane coming home. Made us laugh at times. Good old dad, loved by us all and so sadly missed.

Happy blogging and thanks for the comments.

3 comments:

  1. Yep there is a face in this abstract picture. Thouhgt you did not like abstracts. LOL Got to get those priorities right eh get daughter from hospital and go shopping would you believe it. Hope she is doing ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not an abstract picture though it was a shoal of baby sharks and other fish eating the bread we threw for them. They looked so beautiful and it wasn't until I saw the picture that I realised the fish can hardly been seen for the sun light. Daughter fine but moaning she's bored.
    Thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha would still make a beautiful abstract painting now you can see where I get so many of my ideas I just see things different from most people.

    ReplyDelete

Followers