Friday 18 June 2010

Excitement for a Friday


Wow what a start to the morning. Only in the office about 10 minutes when the fire alarm went off. As a designated fire marshal I had to quickly pick up my 'now you see me jacket' and shepherd all colleagues to the nearest fire exit. Being on the 5th floor it's quite a trek. Had been to a meeting yesterday regarding the previous test and was informed that too many people were leaving the building carrying cups of coffee etc. Only 1 of my section did that today and when I spoke to her she replied that there was nowhere to leave her coffee. Duh there are loads of desks and filing cabinets within the ares. Never mind the e-mail telling people it's not allowed hasn't been sent yet.

This wasn't what I expected to write today. I was feeling rather nostalgic yesterday and started to remember things from bye gone years, at my age there are plenty of those. Anyway one song sprang to mind, an old Foster and Allen - If I had my life to live over. Would I change things, probably if I could. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I wouldn't change everything but I possibly would tell people how I felt about them, but too late now. Missed chances and some regrets but that's life ----- oh another song by Frank Sinatra.

My sister is doing the Race for Life on Sunday, so proud of her that's about the 4th year she's done it. Have sponsored her as always. She wanted to meet up on Saturday but I've got lots to do, getting hair cut, waiting around for the gas man to come and check the boiler. It's her daughter's wedding on Friday and she's not the least bit organised.

Hey ho better get on with some work.

Blog again soon.

Take care, cheeri

2 comments:

  1. There is never a going back but at least I still manage to pass through the old places and have good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have lots of good memories as well just a few little regrets at not having pursued my dreams at the time. We all have the old places we can disappear into when times get rough, the mind can be a wonderful place, just a bit crowded at times.

    ReplyDelete

Followers